Founded in 1991, INEDITS is a European not-for-profit with the aim to encourage the collection, the conservation, the study and the valorization of amateur films. INEDITS is various associations, institutes and individuals. In 2016, INEDITS counts 40 members from different countries (France, Great Britain, Italy, Luxembourg, Monaco, The Netherlands, Czech Republic). Every year the members meet in order to exchange best practice, share knowledge and research, or to discover films or exhibitions using amateur footage.
Since 2016, the association has a bilingual webpage (French and English) as to further promote its activities, be a ressource for publications on conservation, distribution, and the study of amateur film in Europe and the world.
The headquarters are in Luxembourg
Board members (since 2019)
The new board of directors have been elected for three years at the Annual General Meeting of 22 November 2019. The committee was elected on January 30, 2020.
- President : Mirco Santi - Home Movies, Italy
- Treasurer : Victor Pranchère - Centre National de l’Audiovisuel, Luxembourg
- General Secretary : Gianmarco Torri - individual member, Italy
- Vice-President : Marion Grange - Cinémathèque des Pays de Savoie et de l’Ain, France
- Vice-President : Alain Esmery - individual member, France
- Board members : Frédéric Borgia - Institut Jean Vigo, France ; Agnès Deleforge - Normandie Images, France ; Rémi Pailhou - Ciclic Centre Val de Loire, France ; Laure Sainte-Rose - individual member, France.
André Huet - Co-founder of the association and former president, Belgium.