Founded in 1991, INEDITS is a European not-for-profit with the aim to encourage the collection, the conservation, the study and the valorization of amateur films. INEDITS is various associations, institutes and individuals. In 2022, INEDITS counts 64 members from different countries (France, Great Britain, Italy, Luxembourg, Monaco, The Netherlands, Czech Republic). Every year the members meet in order to exchange best practice, share knowledge and research, or to discover films or exhibitions using amateur footage.
Since 2016, the association has a bilingual webpage (French and English) as to further promote its activities, be a ressource for publications on conservation, distribution, and the study of amateur film in Europe and the world.
The headquarters are in Luxembourg
Board members (since 2022)
The new board of directors and the committee were elected for three years at the Annual General Meeting of November 2022.
- President : Mirco Santi - Home Movies, Italy
- Treasurer : Victor Pranchère - Centre National de l’Audiovisuel, Luxembourg
- General Secretary : Nicolas Nogues - Cinémathèque de Bretagne, France
- Vice-President : Alain Esmery - individual member, France
- Board members : Clément Saccomani - Cinémathèque des Pays de Savoie et de l'Ain, France ; Agnès Deleforge - Normandie Images, France ; Rémi Pailhou - Ciclic Centre Val de Loire, France ; Laure Sainte-Rose - Ad Libitum, France ; Laura Cassarino - MIRA, France.
André Huet - Co-founder of the association and former president, Belgium.